If you have thought about using a local food hub but not quite got around to doing it, now is possibly the best time to start.
Whilst many of the supermarket shelves are emptying, our food hub is overflowing with the riches of summer: Tomatoes, cucumbers, aubergines, courgettes, delicious local blueberries, rainbow chard, sugarsnap peas, beans, kale & Charlotte potatoes, cut flowers and more…
Alongside fresh fruit & veg we also offer:-
- Local free range eggs from Cornhill Farm.
- Milk, Cheese & Yogurt from Rodda’s.
- Breads & other baked goods from Baker Tom & Prima.
- Organic dry grocery staples (flour, tins, rice, pasta etc.).
- A range of jams, marmalades & preserves all made on site.
- Toilet & kitchen roll.
- A range of refillable eco and ethical detergents from Ecoleaf who score 95/100 from ethical consumer’s ‘Good Shopping Guide’.
- A large range of plants grown on site, including fantastic wildlife friendly perennials & native, local provenance wildflower plugs.
The beauty of the food hub system is it acts like any supermarket ‘click and collect’. You order exactly what you want, there are no minimum or maximum quantities.
The difference is you are supporting local suppliers and growers, reducing food miles and food waste as we are able to harvest exactly what is needed.
Collection days are Thursdays 15.30-16.30 from the Trust gate, or Fridays 9.30 – 14.00 from Camborne Produce Market.
Simply click on the ‘shop’ button on our home page and follow the prompts, or run through the instructions on our other Food Hub post.
Or go straight to the hub here:-
Happy shopping and we hope you will be able to support your local fruit, veg and grocery supplier which will, in turn, support the people we work with.
The Kehelland Team