Bookings for trade stands are now closed and we are busy preparing the site in readiness for Apple Day on 8th October.
We are excited to announce that St. Ives Cider will be coming to our day with their Hydro-press to do Community Apple Juice pressing.
If you have apples you would like to bring to be pressed, you can bring them to Kehelland NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY 5th OCTOBER. We will weigh them, St. Ives Cider will wash, process and press them, take them away bottle and pasteurise them. You can then return to Kehelland Trust for your juice @ £2 per 750ml bottle, labelled as Kehelland Juice (RRP £3.75).
There will be loads of entertainment and activities on site throughout the day:
- Man-powered Carousel
- Model Boats
- Traction Engine
- Mosely Museum with model Trains
- West Cornwall Bee Keepers Association
- Craft activities and workshops
- Gift stalls
- Cornwall Wildlife Trust
- Basketry with Lin Lovekin
- Juice pressing
- Juice and Cider Tasting
- Apple Exhibition of over 100 varieties of West-country Apples
- Apple Tree Sales – trees specifically chosen for a) having a history in Cornwall or b) Liking Cornwall’s weather! Apart from the good old Bramley, which is always asked for, but isn’t always that happy in our Cornish Climate!
- Our shop will be open selling a wide range of seasonal plants and produce. with staff on site to help with any questions you may have.
- Camborne Produce Market
- Orchard Blessing
- Duchy College, Rosewarne’s Orchard Expert Andrew Gunderson; on hand to help with any tree or orchard enquiries.
4pm – 2 Daft Monkeys! Athene Roberts and Tim Ashton
3pm – The Hornets Street Band from the orchard pergola
2.15 – PenSamba – Static performance followed by procession to the orchards for our blessing ceremony
1.30pm – Red River Singers by the Tractor Shed
12.45 – Shallal dance – interactive programme of music and movement (Tractor Shed)
12-12.45 – Beccie Gowers (Dance Confidence Cornwall) High Energy dance routines for all to join in. (Tractor Shed)
11am – Celtic Fiddlers – Unique Traditional English, Irish, Scottish Folk in an orchestral setting!
Throughout the day – Hotch Potch Productions http://hotchpotchperformance.co.uk/ ‘Tiny Tours’ 12pm and 3.30pm, plus circus skills for all to try.
Hidden Kitchen St. Ives
Our own Kehelland Kitchen
RJ’s – Pork & Apple Sausages (with Kehelland Apples), bacon and pork rolls with (yes, you’ve guessed it) Kehelland Apple Sauce.
Delicious Wishes vintage ice-cream van serving Cornish Whippy, Roskilly’s ice-cream and more.
There will be all sorts of unannounced activity across the site, with lots of craft activities for families, apple games and customs and more. We hope to see you on 8th October!
The Kehelland Team
Please take note of our Traffic Notice on the reverse of the flier. We want to continue to let our Apple Day GROW! Many thanks.