Exciting opportunities to join our team!
The Trust seeks ambitious and motivated individuals to join the team. Kehelland Trust situated near Camborne, Cornwall provides a rural, horticultural setting for the support of young people and adults with learning and/or physical disabilities. Developing personal and social skills, individual opportunities and active participation in the local community.
Senior Education Support Workers – £10.62 per hour – for our education programs.
This is a term time only post for 37 hours a week starting Sep 2022. Training and induction hours may be needed before starting in September.
Senior Education Support Worker
The Senior Educational Support Worker has day-to-day responsibility to support tutors with activities related to learners and the education program.
- To treat people with care, respect and dignity at all times. To always encourage learner independence.
- Supporting higher need learners.
- To line manage education support workers within the team, acting as the first point of contact. This will include completing appraisals and supervisions for education support workers.
- To assist with education processes as directed by the Tutor which can include risk assessments, daily fire board, updating individual learning plans , completion of learner paperwork, assisting with EHCP reviews, creation of individual learner resources.
- To assist with the preparation and delivery of teaching and learning activities including extra curricular activities.
- Completing daily updates for parents and carers.
- To report and inform the Site Manager of any faults or maintenance issues relating to the internal and external horticultural/educational areas.
- To always work within the Trust’s policy on the Protection of Vulnerable Adults & Safeguarding.
- You will need to be flexible in time and duties and location, as required by the service and individuals using the service.
- To undertake, when required, other duties not specifically mentioned in this Role Profile that are deemed reasonable for the level of accountability.
- To ensure that all records are maintained accurately and in line with the Trust Record Keeping Policy and Procedures.
For more information about this position and/or for an application pack please telephone Liz on 07570 363073, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Monday (closed on Bank Holidays) to Friday 09.00-16.00
Closing Date for Applications: 4pm Wednesday 3rd August 2022
Please note: We may not be able to offer interviews to candidates who do not relate their application to the job and person specifications (i.e., CV’s alone will not be considered).
Kehelland Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer.